Burst Pipes Can Damage Unseen Parts of Your Home
Dehumidifying walls to remove excess water.
If your home has a burst or even slightly broken pipe, it can leak high volumes of water into areas of your home that are hard to see and even harder to restore.
Burst pipes in Inglewood are a common cause of damage and call-outs. No matter how minor the damage, areas often require specialized equipment and trained professionals to restore.
As a homeowner, any water damage must be treated promptly to avoid additional damage. Water damage left untreated behind walls, underneath floors, or within your home's voids can result in mold taking hold, which can prolong the impact on your life beyond the initial hours and days after the damage has been caused.
SERVPRO of Inglewood is available 24/7 for emergency call-outs, and we can liaise with your insurance company to ensure any damage is noted, addressed, and restored promptly and efficiently. Call SERVPRO of Inglewood at (424) 223-4153
Mold Remediation In Your Inglewood Home
Mold Remediation In Your Inglewood Home
Mold is a danger to you and your family, and if you suspect you have mold in your home, you must address the problem as soon as possible.
If you've noticed a musty, pungent smell, seen noticeable rings on your drywall, or noticed a growth of any color on your walls, you have a mold problem in your home.
SERVPRO of Inglewood receives calls to inspect homes and businesses across the Inglewood area for mold damage.
We start by undertaking a thorough mold inspection to assess the extent of the problem in your home or business. This also includes seeking out any source of water or moisture in your home that may have led to your mold problem in the first place. Without addressing the underlying moisture problem, any attempt to remediate mold damage is likely to be a short-term solution that will invariably lead to mold returning.
When it comes to mold remediation, it is best to go with a trusted company with the expertise required to ensure long-term solutions are undertaken, rather than relying on a short-term fix. SERVPRO of Inglewood is available at (424) 223-4153.
Fire Risks and Microwave Ovens
Even a small microwave oven fire can lead to extensive damage.
Microwave Ovens are a standard kitchen aid that has undoubted benefits when it comes to convenience. However, they also come with risks that homeowners need to be aware of.
The first thing to note is never to use a microwave oven outside the manufacturer's installation and operating instructions and always follow the recommended safety precautions. Doing so can minimize the risks associated with fires occurring due to your microwave usage.
Other precautions to note are never place any metal bowls into your microwave or any item of clothing. Also, avoid using materials not expressly indicated as being microwave safe.
SERVPRO of Inglewood has been called out on jobs involving fires generated by Microwave ovens, and the damage from even a small fire can lead to tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to your kitchen.
If a fire does occur, call 911 immediately and ensure you and your family are safely out of the house.
Getting an expert as soon as possible in the aftermath is essential to document the damage. You can contact SERVPRO of Inglewood at (424) 223-4153 24/7, and we can work with your insurance company to action your claim ASAP.
Summer Fire Risks
A fire can quickly damage a home.
Fire and smoke damage can occur at any time of year. However, there are some things to look out for during Summer specifically.
During summer, you are much more likely to be using BBQs, grills, fire pits, and fireworks during the summer months.
Drier conditions during summer can result in a fire spreading much more quickly, feeding off of any object, room, or space nearby.
And even if the fire doesn't necessarily spread into a room, it can cause unseen damage such as smoke and soot.
With fires, there can also be extensive water damage to a home; The Ingelwood fire department may use powerful water sources to extinguish fires that can damage the structure of your home.
SERVPRO of Inglewood focuses on both fire and water damage restoration. It's what we do; SERVPRO has been helping customers like you for 60 + years.
We have the specialized equipment, training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home and make it "Like it never even happened." Choose SERVPRO of Inglewood, a local company that specializes in fire damage restoration who are also available 24/7 and can be contacted at (424) 223-4153
Summer Fire Dangers
We are Here to Help® and ready to respond to all fire damage conditions!
- Fire and smoke damage are fast actors that can be incredibly destructive. They grow quickly, feeding off of any object, rooms, or spaces nearby. They can even engulf rooms without necessarily touching them, sometimes leaving their mark in smoke and soot damage. They are especially common when BBQs, grills, fire pits, and fireworks are present-- typically during the summer months. In some cases, the Inglewood area could find water damage from firefighting efforts. The fire department may use powerful water sources to extinguish fires that can damage the structure of your home. SERVPRO of Inglewood focuses on both fire and water damage restoration. In fact, it’s what we do; SERVPRO has been helping customers like you for 60 + years. We have the specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home and make it “Like it never even happened." Choose SERVPRO of Inglewood, a local company that specializes in fire damage restoration.
3 Ways to Identify Mold in Your Inglewood Home
If you notice any of these signs in your home, please do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Inglewood today – (424) 223-4153
While we all hope that mold will never be found in our homes, if you don’t know what signs you are looking for, you may not be able to identify the problem until damage is extremely severe. Mold could be right under your nose without your knowledge, as mold can hide under carpeting or behind your drywall. Here are some signs that can help you identify if mold is in your home:
Musty, Pungent Smell
Even if mold is not visible, it doesn’t mean it isn’t lurking in your home. If you notice an unpleasant smell while entering a room in your home, be sure to thoroughly check the area. You can even go the extra mile and hire an industrial hygienist, who can perform several different mold tests that can identify if you have mold or not.
Visible Dark Rings & Spots
The appearance of dark rings or spots on drywall or sheetrock in your home is an early sign for the presence of mold.
Visible Growth/Odd Coloring
Despite the most widely known “black mold,” mold can actually vary in its range of colors. If there is mold present in your home, you may notice the appearance of dark, furry growths that can vary in color from orange, brown, green, and even white.
Mold Remediation vs. Mold Removal: What’s the Difference?
Before any mold remediation starts, first any sources of water or moisture should be addressed. If not, then the mold may return.
To understand the difference between mold removal and mold remediation, it’s important to know how mold grows and begins. Consider the following facts:
- Mold is a type of fungus that can begin growing in as little as 48 hours.
- Mold is present everywhere (both indoors and outdoors).
- Because mold spores are microscopic and carry in the air and thrive on moisture, they easily travel and can grow into colonies with any amount of water present. They could enter your home through AC/ heating systems, windows and doors, as well as people and pets, and may produce allergens that could eventually have other health effects.
Since mold spores exist naturally everywhere and are microscopic, it is virtually impossible to remove all mold from a home or commercial business. Although some may advertise that they offer “mold removal,” this is an impossible guarantee to uphold. Here at SERVPRO, we operate a qualified restoration company that understands the science behind mold growth. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to their natural levels, not to fallaciously guarantee to remove all mold. Our professionals have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or commercial business. Although every mold damage scenario is different and our solution responses may vary, our remediation will uniquely cater to your situation while still following a general helpful process of mold remediation.
Don’t Forget to Change Your Smoke Alarm Batteries!
When prioritizing safety in your home, smoke alarms are an extremely important device. Therefore, always ensure they are charged and working properly!
Smoke alarms are meant to keep you and your families safe. A lot of times, however, smoke alarms are often forgotten about, as they are usually out of sight. Even the highest quality alarms cannot be effective with dead batteries. This is why replacing the batteries inside the smoke alarms in your home is extremely important. Here's a checklist with steps that you should take to ensure that your home is safe:
- Test each smoke alarm in your home monthly.
- Change the batteries in all of your alarms at least twice a year. Helpful Tip! Many people find it helpful to change their smoke alarm batteries on Daylight Savings days.
- Create, update, and continuously review a fire evacuation plan for your family, making changes and adjustments accordingly.
- Have fire extinguishers and other safety products on hand in your home as needed
These steps can go a long way toward keeping your family safe in the event of a fire. Once you've taken these steps to ensure your family is safe, water and fire damage cleanup and repair professionals at SERVPRO of Inglewood can help you get back into your Inglewood, CA, home.
Fire Damage and Your Home: How SERVPRO Inglewood Can Help
SERVPRO of Inglewood knows how devastating fires can be: they can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. Call us today for help in fire restoration.
Fire damage affects the structure or your house and belongings. Here at SERVPRO, we understand that your family’s keepsakes, furniture, and belongings all contribute to what transforms a house to a home. Fire damage, including smoke and even soot, can quickly threaten your family’s belongings. That’s why we specialize in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, and mold. Our SERVPRO professionals have the necessary expertise to help you preserve the irreplaceable keepsakes, and save money by salvaging what items can be restored to their pre-fire states.
We use any of the following methods for cleaning your home: dry or wet cleaning, foam cleaning, abrasive cleaning, and immersion cleaning. What’s more, if your home requires more intensive restoration and cleaning, our SERVPRO professionals can additionally help plan and conduct an efficiently organized move-out, and later move-in of the home. This can allow for additional protection from damage and a quicker remodel of the home. Our services are subjective to what your insurance coverage is.
Additionally, SERVPRO can restore your electronics damaged in a fire, as they pose serious hazards from acid containing smoke residues and corrosion. Electronics should be inspected and cleaned only by a qualified technician. Please Do Not attempt to operate any electrical device subject to fire damage.
Lastly, SERVPRO is here to help with our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) to ease your confusion and overwhelming worries during the recovery process. The CCIS will help in detailing an accurate list of all your belongings, room by room, with photo documentation where possible.
Call SERVPRO of Inglewood to help you restore your home today!
Planning Ahead: Preparing for Pipe Bursts in Your Home
SERVPRO of Inglewood is available 24 hours a day for any unexpected pipe bursts or any other water damage emergencies in your home.
About one in every fifty homes experience some form of water damage each year in the United States. Everyone hopes that they will never have to encounter a pipe bursting in their household. Most that do experience a burst pipe in their homes have no idea where to begin in order to resolve the problem and assess damage. A broken pipe can leak high volumes of water into your home and leave you with extensive water damage in an instant. Here’s how you can learn to prepare for a future pipe burst in order to reduce damage in your home:
- Immediately shut off water main: It is important to shut off the water as quickly as possible to prevent water from continuing to soak the area, as long as it is safe to do so.
- Then, shut off electricity: Water and electricity are not compatible. Shutting off electricity will prevent potential safety hazards and prevent any water from coming into contact with running electricity.
- Contact a restoration company: It is important to decide on a restoration company before any damage occurs. That way, you can call as soon as possible in order to act quickly. SERVPRO of Inglewood are available 24/7.
- Document the damages: Documenting damages is helpful if you are able to file a claim through your insurance. Writing down what is damaged as well as taking pictures will ensure that no item or place is forgotten about during restoration.
- Contact insurance company: Every insurance policy is different. We suggest contacting your insurance provider to determine if you are able to file a claim for water damage in your home.
- Open windows and doors (if possible): As you wait for your preferred restoration company to come help, opening windows and doors can begin the drying process in your home and can decrease the amount of water damage caused by the burst pipe.