Archived Fire Damage Blog Posts
Fire Risks and Microwave Ovens
Even a small microwave oven fire can lead to extensive damage.
Microwave Ovens are a standard kitchen aid that has undoubted benefits when it comes to convenience. However, they also come with risks that homeowners need to be aware of.
The first thing to note is never to use a microwave oven outside the manufacturer's installation and operating instructions and always follow the recommended safety precautions. Doing so can minimize the risks associated with fires occurring due to your microwave usage.
Other precautions to note are never place any metal bowls into your microwave or any item of clothing. Also, avoid using materials not expressly indicated as being microwave safe.
SERVPRO of Inglewood has been called out on jobs involving fires generated by Microwave ovens, and the damage from even a small fire can lead to tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to your kitchen.
If a fire does occur, call 911 immediately and ensure you and your family are safely out of the house.
Getting an expert as soon as possible in the aftermath is essential to document the damage. You can contact SERVPRO of Inglewood at (424) 223-4153 24/7, and we can work with your insurance company to action your claim ASAP.
Summer Fire Risks
A fire can quickly damage a home.
Fire and smoke damage can occur at any time of year. However, there are some things to look out for during Summer specifically.
During summer, you are much more likely to be using BBQs, grills, fire pits, and fireworks during the summer months.
Drier conditions during summer can result in a fire spreading much more quickly, feeding off of any object, room, or space nearby.
And even if the fire doesn't necessarily spread into a room, it can cause unseen damage such as smoke and soot.
With fires, there can also be extensive water damage to a home; The Ingelwood fire department may use powerful water sources to extinguish fires that can damage the structure of your home.
SERVPRO of Inglewood focuses on both fire and water damage restoration. It's what we do; SERVPRO has been helping customers like you for 60 + years.
We have the specialized equipment, training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home and make it "Like it never even happened." Choose SERVPRO of Inglewood, a local company that specializes in fire damage restoration who are also available 24/7 and can be contacted at (424) 223-4153
Summer Fire Dangers
We are Here to Help® and ready to respond to all fire damage conditions!
- Fire and smoke damage are fast actors that can be incredibly destructive. They grow quickly, feeding off of any object, rooms, or spaces nearby. They can even engulf rooms without necessarily touching them, sometimes leaving their mark in smoke and soot damage. They are especially common when BBQs, grills, fire pits, and fireworks are present-- typically during the summer months. In some cases, the Inglewood area could find water damage from firefighting efforts. The fire department may use powerful water sources to extinguish fires that can damage the structure of your home. SERVPRO of Inglewood focuses on both fire and water damage restoration. In fact, it’s what we do; SERVPRO has been helping customers like you for 60 + years. We have the specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home and make it “Like it never even happened." Choose SERVPRO of Inglewood, a local company that specializes in fire damage restoration.
Fire Damage and Your Home: How SERVPRO Inglewood Can Help
SERVPRO of Inglewood knows how devastating fires can be: they can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. Call us today for help in fire restoration.
Fire damage affects the structure or your house and belongings. Here at SERVPRO, we understand that your family’s keepsakes, furniture, and belongings all contribute to what transforms a house to a home. Fire damage, including smoke and even soot, can quickly threaten your family’s belongings. That’s why we specialize in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, and mold. Our SERVPRO professionals have the necessary expertise to help you preserve the irreplaceable keepsakes, and save money by salvaging what items can be restored to their pre-fire states.
We use any of the following methods for cleaning your home: dry or wet cleaning, foam cleaning, abrasive cleaning, and immersion cleaning. What’s more, if your home requires more intensive restoration and cleaning, our SERVPRO professionals can additionally help plan and conduct an efficiently organized move-out, and later move-in of the home. This can allow for additional protection from damage and a quicker remodel of the home. Our services are subjective to what your insurance coverage is.
Additionally, SERVPRO can restore your electronics damaged in a fire, as they pose serious hazards from acid containing smoke residues and corrosion. Electronics should be inspected and cleaned only by a qualified technician. Please Do Not attempt to operate any electrical device subject to fire damage.
Lastly, SERVPRO is here to help with our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) to ease your confusion and overwhelming worries during the recovery process. The CCIS will help in detailing an accurate list of all your belongings, room by room, with photo documentation where possible.
Call SERVPRO of Inglewood to help you restore your home today!
Everything You Should Know About Thanksgiving Fire Safety
Wishes for a Very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving from our SERVPRO team!
Did you know that Thanksgiving is the #1 holiday for house fires? What’s more, cooking is the #1 most common cause of starting a fire in the home. Here are 5 safety tips to keep in mind for preventing fires in your home this Thanksgiving:
1. Ensure your smoke alarms work. You can check them by pressing the “test” button.
2. Never leave home while your turkey is cooking! Always make sure that all stove top burners and ovens are off before leaving your home to visit friends and family. If you’re hosting, make sure someone is always watching the stove top burners while cooking.
3. Maintain a clean cooking space to prevent any unintentional mishaps.
4. Keep children at least 3 feet away from the stove at all times
5. Never leave any candles burning while unattended. Candles are responsible for over 15,000 house fires every year.
The top causes of home fires during Thanksgiving typically include unattended cooking equipment, accidentally leaving equipment on, or keeping flammable cooking materials (such as oven mitts) too close to a heat source. Also, remember to always be cautious while using a turkey fryer this Turkey Day.
Stay safe during this Thanksgiving season and remember, call SERVPRO of Inglewood if any problems arise! (424) 223-4153